Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Ashely and Michelle's Indy Teach

I really appreciated these Indy Teaches today. Both were insightful, relevant and useful lessons. Ashely addressed some important issues in the secondary classroom for new teachers and I was reminded of my own high school experiences. It's funny the things that we don't consider until we're put in those "other" shoes. What is ethical? What information is necessary? Which consequences are appropriate?
Michelle took it home with a great exercise on literacy. I think this is an issue all too debated, especially with the rules of grammar and standard English paving the way. She made me consider how I would attempt to create an open learning environment in my own classroom when literacy, reading and writing become an issue.

The tools in their coursepacks will be beneficial to me later, that's for sure. Especially Ashely's survey.

No comments: