Wednesday, December 5, 2007

High School Computer Time

I was expelled from high school my freshman year. When I got the chance to attend another school it was an "alternative" school nicknamed "burn center". Our school was underfunded and lacked the resources that were available to other schools in the district. For the first year or so that I was there, we didn't really have more than a few computer in the whole school and they were reserved for special projects. However, we shaped up and won the "alternative school of the year" award. This brought in some extra money and the computers turned up eventually.

During "computer time" I looked up bands I liked and political cartoons. The rest of the time I usually spent writing in Livejournal. Every time the teachers caught us checking our email or off task on some other website, we would get the scold. But as soon as they walked away it would be up again. It's fairly easy to hide what you are doing on the internet. :)

No comments: